Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Architectural acclaim for SOTA and The Helix

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_689795.html

After reading the article.

What are your thought? What do you think are the contributing factors to winning the awards?
Please post your thoughts in the comment section below.

Deadline: 21th July 2011

http://www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAAwards/Winners2011/East/Eastwinners2011.aspx

Click above to view other winning entries.

21 comments:

  1. I think one of the contributing factors to winning the awards is the creativity of the architectural design of both structures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the contributing factors are the creativity of the design and how safe the architecture is

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the contributing factors of Helix is its very creative spiral like design which stretches through the whole bridge while the contributing factors for SOTA is its fascinating 3 outer building design as well as how the design blends in with nature. The contributing factors for other entries are its creativity and overall design aesthetic that marries form with function.
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the contributing factors are that the architect decided to use a creative structure and exterior for aesthetics but it is still functional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the contributing efforts are really the creativity as in how it stands out compared to other types of similar buildings, and that how it manages to still be pratical with newer and perhaps more complicated designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the contributing factors are the aesthetics of the design, and the creativity used to make it stands out, and be able to attract many people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that not only does the creativeness of the design contribute to winning an award, but it also has to be safe as well as appear unique to the eye and hold a practical usage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the contributing factors include the creativity and uniqueness of the building's design which intrigues many people. At the same time, it is able to perform its functions linked to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that it is because of its beautiful design that allowed them to win the award. and the SOTA also integrated some greenery into it, showing the designer to be conscious of the student's health and also the global warming, hoping to do his part for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that the contributing factors include things like how nice it looks, and considerations of the surroundings or the people who are going to use the building. For example, SOTA has to be built with the consideration that students are going to use it. As for the helix, it is very aesthetically appealing and it is also quite safe as it can also act as a railing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pasakorn Konwohrachet7/23/2011 09:07:00 PM

    It seems that both buildings have unique designs.

    SOTA, as I have been there once during Apple Summit, have classrooms that are simple, yet, the exterior is extravagant.

    The bridge is one of a very unusual, yet artistically appealing shape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the contributing factors are the aesthetics af the buildings and also that SOTA is environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think one of the unique design of the helix bridge was chosen as it looks like a strand of DNA and this shows that Singapore feels that science and technology is important.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the contributing factors are the aesthetic appeal, creativity of the design and the greenery which shows that it is environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Factors that would contribute to SOTA's award-winning design would be how it is environmentally friendly and the aesthetics of the design. SOTA is also within an area where it is one of the taller buildings and so it stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creativity and aesthetics of the building is required to give the feel and touch of the building so acclaimed to nurture the thoughts of young artist

    ReplyDelete
  17. the contributing factors of Helix is its very creative spiral which stretches through the whole bridge while the contributing factors for SOTA is its fascinating 3 outer building design. The contributing factors for other entries are its creativity and overall design aesthetic that combines form with function.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that one contributing factor (apart from functionality) is the creativity in the design of the structures, and they do not resemble the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The contributing factors are that the design and refreshing. Though the design is ascetically appealing, it does not lose it function.

    Kimberly Ong

    ReplyDelete
  20. aesthetically appealing and unique design and thinking behind the structure

    IZK

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel that the contributing factors are its aesthetics and how it brings out the meaning of the building

    ReplyDelete