Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Winning design for Indian Heritage Centre unveiled - Channel NewsAsia

Winning design for Indian Heritage Centre unveiled - Channel NewsAsia

After reading the article.

What are your thought? What do you think are the contributing factors to winning the awards?
Please post your thoughts in the comment section below.

Deadline: 21th July 2011

20 comments:

  1. I think some of the contributing factors to winning the awards are that the building is designed with consideration of the surroundings and it is designed in a way that it serves its purpose well. As it is located in Little India, the place is rich in Indian culture. Hence, the architect took into consideration of the surroundings and blended both traditional Indian, as well as modern architectural elements in the design. Also, the inspiration of the design of the building was inspired by an Indian well. Therefore, the architectural design of the building led to the winning of the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the contributing factors to winning the awards are the aesthetics of the building and the meaning behind the design of the building. For example, the building is built such that is shines in the day and glows in the night, thus it is aesthetically pleasing. The building blends both traditional Indian, as well as modern architectural elements and is inspired by the "Baoli" or Indian stepped well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the contributing factors to winning the awards is that is blends the elements of modern architectural design and traditional Indian architectural design, inspired by Baoli, or Indian stepped well. It also has appealing aesthetics, as it uses a translucent shimmering facade to make the building look like a shining jewel in the day, and glows in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that the contributing factors is definitely the overall aesthetics of the whole building, it has a nice bend of colors which show of traditional indian culture as well as modern design elements, the multi faceted translucent structure which makes it look like diamond in the morning and a glowing lantern, which contribute to the overall design aesthetic.
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the contributing factors include factors like it's aesthetics, like how it makes itself look modern, yet it still feels like a heritage centre, at least that's how I feel. On top of that, making use of design concepts to make it look like a "shining jewel" in the day and a "glowing lantern" in the night. The fact that it is located in LITTLE INDIA shows that the designers do consider about the locations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the contributing factors are where the building is situated, its target audience, the environment around it and the building's aesthetics. The building's design has a hidden meaning behind it which is very interesting. It is able to shine in the day and glow in the night. It also portrays an Indian culture style both modern and traditional. The balance of the building was very appealing to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the contributing factors are that the designer took into account of its environment, making sure that the building have integrated both Indian Culture and architectural design together. From the pictures, I can see that there are greenery at the top of the building, this also shows that the designer promotes greenery and also want to do its part against global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel that the contributing factors to winning the award are how the designer took into account the fact that the building would be built in Little India, and made it such that the building displays both modern and traditional indian culture. The building is also very aesthetically appealing in such a way that it can glow or shine whether it is day or night.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pasakorn Konwohrachet7/23/2011 08:48:00 PM

    The building definitely seems interesting with its aesthetics, and its promise of sustainability.

    The design is, overall, very appealing. Especially when it has transition from day to night.

    I would love to be able to visit a place like this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that the contributing factors to winning the award was to be able to incorporate two distinct concepts into the design in a way that it is unique and pleasing to the eye. The design's theme was also suited for the area the building was situated in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the contributing factors are that the design considers its aesthetic appearance during day and night and that it contains both indian and modern styles of architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. some of the contributing factors to winning the awards are that the building must be designed using the consideration of the surroundings and location to be designed in a way that it serves its purpose better. located in Little India which is rich in Indian culture, allowing the architect took into consideration of the surroundings and blending both traditional Indian as well as modern architectural elements in the design. Also, the inspiration of the design of the building was inspired by an Indians.

    ReplyDelete
  15. some of the contributing factors to winning the awards is that the building is designed with consideration of the surroundings and it is designed in a way that it serves its purpose well. I can also see that there are greenery at the top of the building, this also shows that the designer promotes greenery and also want to do its part against global warming. The building is also very aesthetically appealing in such a way that it can glow or shine whether it is day or night. The building also have a fusion of indian and modern culture

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that the contributing factors to winning the awards are the aesthetics of the building and the meaning behind the design of the building.As it is located in Little India, the place is rich in Indian culture and it is the most appropriate place to built it. It also shines in the day and glows in the night, thus it is aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that the contributing factor is the aesthetic appeal, "shining jewel" in the day and a "glowing lantern" at night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that the contributing factors to winning the award is that the building is iconic; it bring out the idea of Indian culture. It is also ascetically appealing to people who do not understand Indian culture.

    Kimberly Ong

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the contributing factors are that the design is sustainable, and it combines the traditional Indian aspects as well as modern architectural elements into the heritage building.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel that the contributing factors are how it looks and how the building represents what it's suppose to mean.

    ReplyDelete